RegScanner 1.76 (2000 XP Vista) [Extra Quality]
# RegScanner 1.76: A Free and Powerful Registry Scanner for Windows 2000/XP/Vista
If you are looking for a fast and easy way to scan and edit your Windows registry, you might want to try RegScanner 1.76. RegScanner is a small and lightweight system utility that allows you to scan the registry, find the desired registry values that match the specified search criteria, and display them in one list .
RegScanner has many advantages over the standard RegEdit find feature of Windows. For example:
- RegScanner can display the entire search result at once, so you don't have to press F3 in order to find the next value.
- RegScanner can find registry values by data length, value type (REG_SZ, REG_DWORD, and so on), and by modified date of the key.
- RegScanner can find a unicode string located inside a binary value.
- RegScanner allows you to make a case sensitive search.
- RegScanner can filter the search by the owner of the registry key.
- While scanning the registry, RegScanner displays the current scanned registry key, as opposed to RegEdit, that simply displays a boring "Searching the registry" dialog-box.
RegScanner does not require any installation process or additional DLL files. It is also portable and can run from a USB flash drive or external hard drive . RegScanner works in any version of Windows, from Windows XP to Windows 11. A separated download for x64 systems is also available.
RegScanner does not include an editor; you need to use RegEdit for this. However, you can easily jump to the right value in RegEdit by double-clicking the desired registry item or by pressing F8 . You can also export the found registry values into a .reg file that can be used in RegEdit.
RegScanner is a simple but powerful tool that allows you to find and edit registry values with ease. It is especially useful for advanced users who need to tweak their system settings or troubleshoot problems. However, be careful when editing the registry, as it may cause serious damage to your system if done incorrectly.
You can download RegScanner 1.76 for free from here: https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/regscanner.html
## How to Use RegScanner
Using RegScanner is very simple. Just follow these steps:
1. Download RegScanner from the official website and extract the ZIP file to a folder of your choice.
2. Run RegScanner.exe (or RegScanner-x64.exe for x64 systems).
3. In the main window, enter the search criteria for the registry values you want to find. You can specify the base keys, the value name, the value data, the data length, the value type, the modified date, and the key owner. You can also choose whether to make a case sensitive search or not.
4. Click on the "OK" button to start the scan. The scan may take a few seconds or minutes, depending on the size of your registry and the complexity of your search criteria.
5. When the scan is finished, you will see a list of all the registry values that match your search criteria. You can sort the list by any column, such as registry name, key, type, data, modified time, or data length.
6. To edit a registry value, double-click on it or press F8. This will open RegEdit and navigate to the selected value. You can then modify or delete the value as you wish.
7. To export the found registry values into a .reg file, select them and then choose "File -> Export Selected Items". You can then save the .reg file to a folder of your choice and use it in RegEdit.
## Tips and Tricks for RegScanner
Here are some tips and tricks to help you get the most out of RegScanner:
- You can use wildcards (*) and regular expressions in the value name and value data fields. For example, if you want to find all the values that start with "App", you can enter "App*" in the value name field. If you want to find all the values that contain a number between 1 and 9, you can enter "[1-9]" in the value data field.
- You can use environment variables in the value data field. For example, if you want to find all the values that point to your user profile folder, you can enter "%USERPROFILE%" in the value data field.
- You can use multiple search criteria by separating them with a semicolon (;). For example, if you want to find all the values that have a type of REG_SZ and contain the word "NirSoft", you can enter "REG_SZ;NirSoft" in the value type and value data fields.
- You can save your search criteria for future use by choosing "File -> Save Search Options". You can then load them by choosing "File -> Load Search Options".
- You can copy the found registry values to the clipboard by selecting them and then choosing "Edit -> Copy Selected Items". You can then paste them into any text editor or document.
- You can customize the columns that are displayed in the list by choosing "View -> Choose Columns". You can also change the font size and name by choosing "View -> Choose Font". ad790ac5ba